D-Link DES-1008D 8 Port Desktop Ethernet Network HUB Switch
This D-Link DES-1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Desktop Fast Ethernet switch is an ideal choice for small workgroups, allowing users to simply plug any port to either a 10Mbps Ethernet or 100Mbps Fast Ethernet network for compatibility, convenience, and faster connection. This D-Link DES-1008D Fast Ethernet switch comes in a small compact size designed for easy installation and high performance. It also eliminates unnecessary traffic and relieves data congestion by delivering dedicated bandwidth for each of the five ports.
- Plug-and-Play High-Speed Switching.
- 1.6Gb Back Plane.
- Up to 200Mbps per Port.
- Wire Speed Reception and Transmission.
- Broadcast Strom Protection.
- Back Pressure Flow Control for Half-Duplex.
- Great for SOHO Environment.
Each port on this D-Link DES-1008D Fast Ethernet switch supports automatic MDI/MDIX detection providing true 'plug and play' capability without the need for confusing crossover cables or crossover ports. With the media auto-sensing feature, plug in the network cable to this switch directly without the need to worry if the end node is a NIC (Network Interface Card) or switch/hub. This D-Link DES-1008D Fast Ethernet switch also supports flow control and auto-negotiation of half or full duplex transfer modes for each port.
Working for you
This D-Link DES-1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Desktop Fast Ethernet switch provides dynamic memory allocation for data flow control to guarantee against possible packet loss. This switch uses fast store-and-forward switching to ensure low data latency and prevents error packages from transmitting among segments.
This D-Link DES-1008D Fast Ethernet switch is part of D-Link's new series of SOHO devices that make use of D-Link's Green Technology, providing energy savings, reduced heat, and a longer product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. An energy-efficient power adapter (EnergyStar Level V qualified), minimised use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant), and recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly. The switch helps you conserve energy automatically through several methods. It automatically powers down ports that have no link, allowing the switch to save substantial amounts of power by cutting power usage for unused ports or ports connected to computers that have been shut down.
Standard warranty: 2-years
Number of Built-in Ports
- 8 x 10/100Mbps port - Auto-negotiation of MDI-II/MDI-X for all 10/100Mbps ports
- Per port : Link, Speed, Duplex, Activity, Collision
- 14,800 frames/sec max for 10M port
- 148,000 frames/sec max for 100M port
- Less than 80 microseconds for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps transmission
- Automatic MAC Address Learning
- Address table up to 16K MAC address
- 10/100 buffer memory : 256 KB embedded memory per port
- 190 x 116 x 32 mm
(7.48 x 4.56 x 1.25 inches)
- D-Link DES-1008D Switch
- External UK Power Adapter
- User's Guide
- Quick Installation Guide